Oh boy, finally got something done today (18.1.2012), took almost month to continue the project. So let's get started! As I had all the parts fitted together now, I just needed to glue 'em together! Well this might sound easy, but I can tell you, it isn't, specially if you don't have enough F-clamps, but as you all know, I'm pretty smart (not), so I decided to use loading-straps to hold the thing together. Of course I had to test it first would it really work, so some testing first:
Ahh.. All I can say is, brilliant! Now as this problem was solved, I could start putting the stuff together:
So I started to fit the first wall-parts to the floor-piece, everything went very well, but then I noticed that there was huge gap still! So I decided to just give more rubber-hammer to the damn thing!
That didn't really help so I just walked around the whole thing to see what's wrong and I found this:
Okay, so no more studs laying on the floor-piece free! Things started to look pretty darn good at this point and I had this feel of bi-winning and drinking tiger-blood! "This project will be huge success!"
Mm... Looks very nice! After this I just needed to fit the last wall-piece and top-part, some more glue I say!
Ofc' I had to sneeze at this very critical moment! I'm also going to give BRO-TIP to everyone, if you wanna avoid doing too much unnecessary work, do not wear dirty gloves you've used in military-service and serviced aircrafts/cars with, it will leave "fingerprints" everywhere! (The good thing is that I'm going to sand the whole thing anyway)
After I put the top-piece on, I started to panic, VERY MUCH. (I don't have pictures from this stage of course 'cos I was like "Oh man oh man oh man oh man, what am I going to do! FFFUUUU!") I couldn't get the top-piece fit perfectly, not even with the loading-straps, so I tried to improvise as much as I could to get rid of the small gaps I had between one wall-piece and the top-piece. I just didn't have big enough clamps, + the other smaller and cheaper looking chinese loading-strap tightening thing broke, I couldn't put too much pressure to it, but at least something, but it was pretty worthless now (And of course the other much better loading-straps were in my dads car). The only good thing I saw at this stage was that the glue I'm using dosen't dry very fast, so I had time to drive like a maniac to local store, bought few clamps with 800mm span and one of those cool (thou' cheap looking) strap-thingies with corner-pieces to hold stuff just like this together! Drove back like a maniac, figured out how the strap-thing worked, put it on the cube, and ofc I put the clamps on too, now it looked pretty good, and I was already starving like a boss so I just took the final photo and called it a day (With pretty much fail in it).
Remove this ad by registering or by logging in.
Login with your Facebook account to comment: