Ok, I'll be the first to admit that the uGoat project was an absolute mess.
It was bulky, ugly, and terribly unstable (physically).
The computer and monitor however, were working better than ever; So I decided to rebuild uGoat as what it was intended to ideally be, using the things I now knew about constructing the internals.
First: Painting the case and PSU.
For this version I decided to use the already fine looking case that the monitor was originally contained in. I went ahead and painted it a metal flake red color (the paintjob may be touched up following when these pictures were taken):
Second: Putting in the internals.
There really wasn't a very elegant process of putting in the computer and monitor electronics, but the point is that I got them in :)
As you can see in these pictures, the monitor and PSU aren't in place yet.
Before mounting the LCD, I wanted to make sure I haven't killed it yet.
Running fine on the windows desktop:
And in halo:
Next: Mounting the PSU and LCD.
Check back over the next week or two for updates!
Remove this ad by registering or by logging in.
Login with your Facebook account to comment: