Just a quick test project I made yesterday while visiting my parents here at home. Found this funny instructable of a DIY cotton candy machine (http://www.instructables.com/id/cotton-candy-machine/) and had to give it a try, so here it is.
The bottom part is cut from a compressed air spray can and it has a hole in the middle of it where is a M3 bolt for connecting it to the motor (visible in the photo). Then I made lots of holes with a sharp screw and a hammer. The top part is from a drink can because it had a good and tight fit when pushed on the bottom part. Hole is on the middle to feed sugar inside the thing. Heating is made with that mini torch.
It works like this: The sugar is fed inside the rotating thing and the mini torch will start to melt down the sugar. The motor rotates the chamber and the centrifugal force pushes the melted sugar out from the holes with a good speed and produces some sugar fibers you then collect with a stick.
The performance of this first test version wasn't very good, because the sugar I used wasn't maybe the best for this purpose and the holes on the rotating chamber were maybe a bit too big, so the sugar splatters were too big. Maybe I'll try to do a better one some day. :)